Workplace laws and regulations are constantly changing, making compliance an ongoing process for organizations of any size. An effective Human Resources function is essential to avoid potentially debilitating regulatory penalties. Quality Transitions has a complete knowledge of all current laws and regulations, and is prepared to help ensure your organization's compliance.
Some things to consider:
- Are you aware that Pre-Employment Drug testing is legal if correct processes are in place?
- Does your hiring staff know what essential questions should be asked during an interview? Are they asking discriminatory questions? Do you have a good hiring process?
- Did you know that having more than 100 employees requires an organization to keep records of hires by race? Did you know that these same organizations must also file information with the United States Department of Labor ?
Legal conflicts can be expensive and time consuming. Prevent a dispute by getting the guidance you need from Quality Transitions.
Quality Transitions services can assist you in:
- Pre-Screening candidates
- Hiring legally
- Creating a new hire orientation/onboarding program
- Maintaining legally compliant files
- Avoiding discrimination
- Practicing legal and fair termination procedures
Some of the Labor Regulations that you as an employer are responsible for:
- American Disabilities Act
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 as amended by Older Workers
- Benefits Protection Act of 1990
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985
- Equal Pay Act of 1963
- Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 & 2004
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986
- Title VII Civil Rights Act of 1964 & 1991 Amendments.
- Worker Adjustment & Retraining Notification Act